Tom Karst is national editor for The Packer, covering issues of importance to the produce industry including immigration, farm policy and food safety.
He began his career with Vance Publishing Corp., The Packer's parent company, in 1984 as one of the founding editors of ProNet, a pioneering electronic news service for the produce industry. Tom has also served as markets editor for The Packer and editor of Global Produce magazine in his time at Vance Publishing, among other positions.
Tom is also the main author of Fresh Talk, www.tinyurl.com/freshtalkblog, an industry blog that has been active since November 2006.
Previous to Vance, Tom worked from 1982 to 1984 at Harris Electronic News, a farm videotext service based in Hutchinson, Kansas.
Tom has a bachelor’s degree in agricultural journalism from Kansas State University, Manhattan.
He can be reached at email@example.com and 913-438-0769. Find Tom's Twitter account at www.twitter.com/tckarst.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Fruit, vegetable prices on the rise with drought
- Auditor liability changing as courts, companies speak up
- Bland Farms begins packing Vidalia onions
- From the show floor: CPMA 2014 expo booths No. 1
- Vidalia onion grower, state official both claim victory in court