Fred Wilkinson is a 13-year veteran of The Packer, serving as the paper’s copy chief from 1999-2008 before being promoted to managing editor.
Growing up with a “meat and taters” upbringing, Fred tried his first banana at age 27 shortly after joining The Packer staff, and he has greatly expanded his taste for and consumption of fruits and vegetables during his tenure.
In addition to overseeing editing and production of The Packer, Fred writes editorials and columns as a member of the paper’s editorial board and gets out of the office from time to time to attend conventions or other industry events to perform reporter and photographer duties.
Fred has an associate of arts degree from Florida State University, Tallahassee. The Missouri native returned home to earn a bachelor’s degree in journalism from the University of Missouri, Columbia.
Fred can be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 913-438-0765.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Cilantro implicated again in cyclospora outbreak
- Mastronardi’s Eco Flavor Bowl Impact Awards finalist
- Dole expands distribution of Salad Companions, organic blends
- New plant brings Baker Farms into fresh-cut leafy greens
- J&R Baker to market own vegetables
- Food safety regulations will change industry, Brackett says
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- USDA releases final 2008-2012 crop numbers
- Greening not likely to affect Texas citrus volumes, quality
- California program provides retail produce boost
- Guess who’s not hating on GMOs — you’ll be surprised