Staff writer Pamela Riemenschneider has been with The Packer since September 2005. She relocated to Austin, Texas, in the summer of 2007.
In July 2009, Pamela took over responsibilities as The Packer's retail reporter as well as editor duties for Produce Retailer magazine (formerly Produce Merchandising), available online at ProduceRetailer.com.
She also hosts a monthly video feature, Pamela's Kitchen, that gives new value-added products a real-kitchen test run. Her son, Ike, born in August 2008, and husband, Brian, join her in the Kitchen from time to time for video demonstrations.
She earned a bachelor of journalism degree in photojournalism from the University of Missouri. She put her skills to use at a couple of community newspapers in Texas and at Kansas State University, Manhattan, before joining The Packer. Pamela, who tweets at www.twitter.com/pamelawr, can be reached at 512-906-0733 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Greening not likely to affect Texas citrus volumes, quality
- Food safety regulations will change industry, Brackett says
- USDA releases final 2008-2012 crop numbers
- USDA clarifies use of ‘organic’ in brand, company names
- Guess who’s not hating on GMOs — you’ll be surprised