Staff writer Coral Beach joined The Packer in February 2011. She covers general assignment stories for daily publication on the Web and in The Packer’s weekly print edition.
Before coming to The Packer, Beach had 30 years of experience in print journalism. She worked as a full-time reporter and editor for several daily newspapers in the Midwest, including the St. Joseph News-Press & Gazette, The Independence (Mo.) Examiner, the Olathe (Kan.) Daily News, Sun Publications and The Johnson County (Kan.) Business Times.
Beach also worked as a freelance reporter and editor from 1996 to 2001, covering a wide variety of topics for a number of newspapers, magazines and business-to-business publications.
During her freelance days Beach covered real estate for The Kansas City Star, wrote trade show news and personality profiles for Atwood Convention Publishing, prepared promotional materials for Exceptional Artists and the Missin’ Records label, and contributed profiles for the book “My First Hundred Years: Conversations with Our Oldest Citizens” published by Halo Press.
Beach has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Kansas School of Journalism, class of 1982.
- Ag labor not part of Obama's immigration plan
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Thanksgiving Twitter party for Produce Mom
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- Wiggle room needed on sourcing GMO fruits and vegetables
- Ports negotiations slow down through Thanksgiving