The Allen Lund Co. wrapped up its fourth year of Acts of Kindness, with 86 good deeds in 2019.
Employees throughout the company’s 35 offices across the U.S. worked with worthy causes to surpass the program’s goals for the year, according to a news release.
“I am very pleased with how our Acts of Kindness initiative has progressed over the last four years,” President Eddie Lund said in the release. “By doing these purposeful acts, we are showing communities how grateful we are for their support which has always been important to my parents as well as promoting kindness to others.”
Some of the 2019 Acts of Kindness recipients are:
- The Cardinal Manning Center, a Los Angeles homeless shelter, where Allen Lund employees served meals and engaged with people using its services;
- Gilda’s Club of Madison, Wis., a cancer support organization, where Allen Lund employees served meals to families;
- Great Cycle Challenge USA, which raises money to fight cancer in children — R.D. Castro in the San Antonio Allen Lund Co. office participated in the fundraiser;
- We Care LA, a program for the homeless in Los Angeles, where members of the Allen Lund sales office gathered donations of food and clothes, prepared 500 sack lunches and distributed clothing;
- Kids’ Food Basket in Grand Rapids, Mich., where employees put together 300 supper sacks to fight hunger; and
- Flood relief efforts in Little Rock, Ark., where Allen Lund Co. employees gathered in June to fill sandbags.
“Encouraging philanthropy is a cornerstone for our company and we are thrilled to continue to see our employees getting involved with organizations that are meaningful to them and helping people that are in need,” Lund said in the release.