The organizations promise more than “just another Zoom meeting” for the four-day event, Sept. 28-Oct. 1. The event follows the 20th anniversary of the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council (USHBC), according to a news release.
The event includes keynote speakers, giveaways, networking opportunities and celebrations.
“USHBC is striving to be the global leader in knowledge, programs and content used by the industry to grow the value of blueberries,” Kasey Cronquist, president of USHBC, said in the release. “ …Our virtual conference is the culmination of resource-sharing and insightful discussions that we hope will help stakeholders across the entire blueberry supply chain make informed business decisions.”
Speakers for the event include:
- Michael Hyatt, author of “The Vision-Driven Leader” and CEO of Michael Hyatt & Co.;
- Todd Eagan, Costco buyer who has been responsible for the retailer’s berry category since 2000;
- Vonnie Estes, vice president of technology for the Produce Marketing Association; and
- Dennis Tootelian, principal of The Tootelian Co., a marketing and management consulting company; and
- Eric Rimm, professor of epidemiology and nutrition and director of the cardiovascular epidemiology at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
Registration is free, and those who register by Sept. 11 will receive a blueberry swag pack in the mail, according to the release.