BOSTON — To get familiar with the Boston area fresh produce market, you have to visit the two centers of activity, side-by-side in Chelsea and Everett, both nestled near Boston.
The Packer's Northeast editor, Amy Sowder, tours both the Boston Market Terminal and the larger New England Produce Center, meeting several salesmen, wholesalers, distributors, packers and account managers.
- Fernando Aguiar of Naturipe Farms
- Jim Praski of U.S. Department of Agriculture Market News
- Stephen J. Condakes of Peter Condakes Co.
They share what's been happening this past year and what trends and challenges they expect in the near future. Check it out.
Also, look for a few features in the next issue of The Packer with even more in-depth coverage and photos.
- Leaders review New England Organic Produce Conference
- Allen Lund promotes managers in Los Angeles, Boston
- Boston wholesalers adjust to e-logs, look forward to end of winter