The California Certified Organic Farmers and the California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom are administering a grant program for teachers who teach their students about organic farming.
The program, Look at Agriculture ... Organically!, will award up to 33 grants of up to $1,000 to kindergarten through eighth grade teachers who submit project proposals. The projects require
- an itemized budget;
- a progress report by Nov. 13;
- a final report by April 1, 2018 in the form of a video, poster, slideshow or other form approved by the foundation;
- a list of expenses and associated receipts;
- completion within the 2017-2018 school year;
- adherence to the organic production and handling standards from the National Organic Program.
Applications are taken up to May 15, and recipients will be announced July 15.
Applicants can apply at learnabout.org/grants/organic.cfm.