Kingsville, Ontario-based Mastronardi Produce highlighted at its United Fresh Live! booth several of its newest products, including its Honey Bombs cherry tomatoes-on-the-vine and its Shazam! and Kaboom! peppers.
The Honey Bombs, the third member of the Bombs lineup marketed under the Sunset brand, started to hit stores in May and have already received “overwhelmingly positive feedback” from retailers and consumers, said Justine Chevalier, communications and social media manager for Mastronardi. Flavor Bombs and Sugar Bombs are the other varieties in the lineup.
Other newer items for the brand include Shazam! shishito peppers and Kaboom! black jalapeño peppers.
The Kaboom!, unique for its color, is “something very different in the category, and we think it’s going to have really great results,” Chevalier said.
While a virtual trade show can’t replace the face-to-face interactions that come with an in-person event, the United Fresh Live! platform still allowed for connections with customers and for showcasing new products and marketing materials in different ways, Chevalier said. The setup also allowed many attendees to visit the booth when it was convenient for them.
For more supplier updates from United Fresh, check out the following:
- Conversations at United — Zespri and Fresh Directions
- Conversations at United — Mayda Sotomayor with Seald Sweet
- Conversations at United — Aaron Acosta with Villita Avocados
- Conversations at United — Brian Klesmith with RPE
- Conversations at United — Jeff Madu with Windset Farms
- Conversations at United — Brianna Shales with Stemilt
- Conversations at United — Michael Castagnetto with Robinson Fresh
- Conversations at United — Amber Maloney with Wish Farms
- Conversations at United — Nelia Alamo with Renaissance Food Group
- Conversations at United — Leona Neill with Red Sun Farms