The Bites pair fresh fruit with nuts, cheese and other snacks, and Sticks has apples cut like French fries.
The items are being rolled out nationwide, according to a news release.
There are five options in the Bites line:
- Apple wedges, cheddar cheese and red grapes;
- Apple wedges, Monterey Jack cheese, cranberries and cashews;
- Apple wedges, Monterey Jack cheese, cranberries and raisins;
- Apple wedges, cheddar cheese and multi grain crackers; and
- Apple wedges, cheddar cheese and pretzels
The Sticks have the apple “fries,” and the company suggests pairing them with dips such as peanut butter, hummus and caramel.The snacks emphasize healthy eating, nutrition, flavor and convenience, according to the company.
"Consumers today look for snacks that will tide them over between meals more than ever. They want snacks that provide them with the protein and essential nutrients they need to get through the day," Michael Golderman, marketing brand leader for Fresh Express, said in the release "By tapping into the success of Chiquita's fresh apple business and pairing it with Fresh Express' packaged kit expertise, we are able to provide a natural solution to meet this consumer need, creating nourishing, convenient and tasty snacks that our customers can enjoy."
Note on correction: The article originally misstated that Chiquita Sticks come with dips.