Danny Dumas, who has been with Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A. Inc. for more than two decades, has left the company.
Dumas, who most recently was senior vice president of North American sales, marketing and product management, left the company on May 29, according to a news release from Del Monte Fresh.
“We extend our appreciation and gratitude to Danny for all his many contributions over the years and wish him well in his next endeavor,” Youssef Zakharia, president and chief operating officer.
Annunciata “Nucci” Cerioli, senior vice president of operations-North America has been promoted to senior vice president of North America, effective May 13. In this role, she will lead Del Monte Fresh’s North American region in developing and executing regional sales, operations and product management strategies and programs, according to the release.
Dumas worked in a variety of roles at different Del Monte divisions:
- Senior vice president of sales, marketing and product management (Del Monte Fresh);
- Vice president of sales and product management (Del Monte Fresh);
- Vice president — Canada (Del Monte Fresh Produce Canada Inc.);
- Vice president of sales and operations — Fresh (Del Monte International GMBH);
- Vice president of product management — bananas and pineapples (Del Monte International GMBH); and
- District sales manager (Del Monte International GMBH).
Before joining Del Monte in March 1998, Dumas was a district sales manager at Dole Fresh Fruit Co. for nine years.
Dumas is slated to become the chairman of the United Fresh Produce Association in 2021. He was profiled as one of the industry’s leaders in the 2017 edition of The Packer 25.
Cerioli joined Del Monte Fresh in November 2018, and has more than 25 years of experience in operations and supply chain management with companies that include Kellogg, Borden and Libby, according to the release.
“I am delighted to have Nucci bring her experience, creativity and strong leadership capabilities to the combined operations, sales and product management function for our North America region and to recognize her for the outstanding work and contributions she has brought to our company over the past 18 months,” Zakharia said in the release.