The Eastern Produce Council has chosen 20 produce professionals for its 2020 Leadership Class.
The class is for those with fewer than 10 years of experience in the industry.
The program delivers different learning environments, according to a news release.
“The goal is to provide those selected for the program the opportunity to gain valuable knowledge from both classroom and field experience,” executive director Susan McAleavey Sarlund said in the release.
Participants selected for this year’s program are:
- Rich Arduini of FreshPro Food Distributors;
- Sam Bartley of AeroFarms;
- Casey Boles of Protech Advisory Services;
- Andrea Brenner of Four Seasons Produce;
- Kevin Carroll of Wonderful Citrus;
- Frank Ciammaruconi of Wakefern Food Corp.;
- Dylan Dembeck of Minkus Family Farms;
- Phu Din of FreshPro Food Distributors;
- Rachel Fabrizio of Four Seasons Produce;
- Michael Harwood of New York Apple Sales;
- Andrew Hernandez of LGS Specialty Sales;
- Brian Kenny of Wakefern Food Corp.;
- Justin Kerner of Ballard Spahr LLP;
- Hailey Krinsky of Robinson Fresh;
- Mattie Leid of Hess Brothers Fruit Co.;
- Michael Paolino of Wakefern Food Corp.;
- Annie Pape of Frank Donio Inc.;
- Gabrielle Procacci of Procacci Brothers Sales Corp.;
- Kelsey Rose of John Vena Inc.; and
- Tori Wong of Pro*Act.
The 2020 program starts in March with a visit to the Philadelphia Produce Wholesale Market, followed by Holt Cargo Systems at the Port of Gloucester, N.J. “Participants will gain first-hand knowledge of the ins and outs of these crucial logistics hubs,” McAleavey Sarlund said in the release.
In April, the group will participate in a Food Safety Modernization Act seminar aimed at significant food safety issues. Combined classroom and field experiences will be at Hionis Greenhouses, Whitehouse Station, N.J, in June, and at Rutgers’ Snyder Research Farm in Pittstown, N.J., in September.
The program will wrap up with a seminar at the New York Produce Show in December. In addition, participants will network at the show’s opening cocktail reception and be recognized at the keynote breakfast.