The council elected its 2020 officers at its annual meeting on Jan. 16.
Selected as one of The Packer’s Women in Produce honorees in 2019 , Raybould is chief financial officer of the family farm and a Republican representative in Idaho’s Legislature.
Raybould previously was NPC board's first vice president and vice president of group's Legislative and Government Affairs Committee.
She represents the third generation of the Raybould family to serve as an NPC president, according to a news release, and the first female president in council’s 72-year history.
Raybould will host the 2020 NPC Summer Meeting in Boise, Idaho, June 24-26, according to the release.
NPC delegates approved executive committee members:
- Dominic LaJoie, Van Buren, Maine, first vice president and vice president of the Environmental Affairs Committee;
- R.J. Andrus, Idaho Falls, Idaho, vice president of the Legislative Affairs Committee;
- Jared Balcom, Pasco, Wash., vice president of the Trade Affairs Committee;
- Bob Mattive, Monte Vista, Colo., vice president of the Finance and Office Procedures Committee; and,
- Ted Tschirky, Pasco, vice president of the Grower Outreach and Industry Research Committee.
Larry Alsum, Friesland, Wis., serves as the immediate past president.
The 2020 executive committee will next meet at the Potato D.C. Fly-In, Feb 24-27 in Washington, D.C., according to the release.