Fresh Express is relaunching its chopped salad kits.
New packaging for the kits has clean lines and boasts increased quantity of reformulated dressings and toppings, according to a news release. The Fresh Express Chopped Kits are available nationwide with a suggested retail price of $3.69, according to the release.
“Developing products that our customers love is our goal and we’re thrilled we were able to reinvent our Fresh Express Chopped Kits to provide consumers what they are looking for in fresh, convenient and tasty salads,” Michael Golderman, marketing brand leader for Fresh Express, said in the release.
“We have updated ingredients, increased the quantity of flavorful dressings, refreshed the packaging and tested each variety to ensure freshness and quality, allowing consumers to feel confident that each bite of Fresh Express Chopped Kits will be an enjoyable experience.”
The new varieties, according to the release, are:
- Asian: Features more of the new Asian Sesame Vinaigrette dressing with sesame oil, ginger and soy sauce, along with wonton strips and sliced almonds, with romaine lettuce and cabbage;
- Sweet Kale: Now with more kale, features a combination of roasted pumpkin seeds, sweetened dried cranberries, and a new poppyseed dressing made with Greek yogurt;
- Sunflower Crisp: Smaller romaine lettuce cuts and larger pieces of cabbage are featured in the kit, combined with an increase of Italian blend cheeses and more of the new onion citrus vinaigrette dressing, according to the release;
- BBQ Ranch: Features nitrite-free bacon, dried sweet corn and an increased amount of the new smokey BBQ ranch dressing mixed with cabbage and kale;
- Bacon & Bleu: The kit is enhanced with new nitrite-free bacon pieces and an increased amount of blue cheese in buttermilk dressing, with romaine lettuce and cabbage.
- Southwest: Increased cut size of cabbage paired with smaller cuts of romaine lettuce, with jalapeno ranch Greek yogurt.
- Chipotle Cheddar: Trans-fat free tortilla chips, an upgraded spicy chipotle ranch dressing with more chipotle peppers and spices, with romaine lettuce and cabbage.