Fresh Express, Orlando, Fla., has six new Gourmet Kit Salads Bowls launching in select markets.
The salads, inspired by entrée salads served at restaurants across the U.S., will be available in the mid-Atlantic, Northeast, Central and Southern U.S., according to a news release.
The bowls tap into a number of food trends, according to Fresh Express vice president of marketing & innovation Fabian Pereira, including healthy eating, restaurant-inspired and affordability.
“We listened to consumer needs and optimized the package and product design,” Pereira said in the release. “Our culinary team worked with the best chefs to address this by designing high-end restaurant salads with hand selected, chef-crafted ingredients in a convenient ready-to-eat bowl that salad lovers can enjoy anywhere, anytime.”
The company’s packaging engineers worked with consumers to develop packaging that displays the ingredients but also allows consumers to shake the container to distribute the dressing.
The salad kits are:
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad: parmesan herb grilled chicken breast meat, garlic pita chips, shredded parmesan cheese, slivered almonds, carrots, grape tomatoes, kale, romaine and Greek Caesar dressing.
- Pearl Mozzarella Caprese: pearl mozzarella cheese, diced prosciutto, grape tomatoes, spring mix and balsamic vinaigrette.
- Buffalo Chicken: buffalo marinated grilled chicken breast, spring mix, red pepper crisps, blue cheese, multigrain crackers and bacon buffalo ranch dressing.
- Chimichurri Grilled Chicken: red cabbage, queso fresco (cheese), crinkle-cut radishes, chimichurri grilled chicken breast, corn kernels, baby arugula, baby spinach and chimichurri vinaigrette dressing.
- Chef Salad: romaine, shredded carrots, crumbled hard-boiled eggs, red cabbage, grape tomatoes, shredded swiss cheese, capicola and smoked turkey and ham, with creamy bacon ranch dressing.
- Parmesan cheese crisp: baked Parmesan cheese crisps, farro and red pepper crisps, Genoa salami, rashishes and spring mix with a white wine lemon vinaigrette.
The salads will be available in the select regions starting Sept. 18, according to the news release, with a suggested retail price of $4.99.