Tony and Grammy award-winning performer Leslie Odom, Jr. is on the playbill of the 2018 Produce Marketing Association’s Fresh Summit on Oct. 18.
Odom is the fourth “Forum for the Future” speaker to be announced by PMA, with each forum featuring a “big voice” on a big topic of industry interest.
In a Forum for the Future titled “Thinking Past Tomorrow Through Business Transformation,” Odom and MorningNewsBeat’s Kevin Coupe will explore business lessons that can be learned from theater and popular culture about diversity, the importance of storytelling, and the enduring power of a creative spirit, according to a news release.
Odom is known for his breakout role as Aaron Burr in the Broadway musical hit “Hamilton.” He also is an author, with the recent release of “Failing Up: How to Take Risks, Aim Higher, and Never Stop Learning.”
Other Forum for the Future speakers are PMA CEO Cathy Burns (in the annual State of the Industry address), Wired magazine editor-in-chief Greg Williams, and retired National Football League quarterback Peyton Manning.
Experience Extensions add to the conversation
On Oct. 18, Fresh Summit attendees can join in new Experience Extensions, including:
- Produce Safety — Join the food safety conversation with PMA’s Bob Whitaker and Trevor Suslow;
- Transportation in Floral — Join a panel of experts from the air, sea and trucking industries;
- Seismic Shifts in Global Trade — A discussion about the trade environment with PMA staff and trade experts;
- Transportation in Produce — Uncover potential solutions to today’s produce transport issues with PMA’s Ed Treacy, American Trucking Association’s Jon Samson and CH Robinson’s David Molloter;
- Stay (Why Would Anybody Stay with You?) — A view into what matters in keeping talent and how to find a competitive edge; and
- Blockchain Village — PMA members from across the supply chain demonstrate how they are applying blockchain in their businesses.