The Global Grape Summit’s debut will cover numerous issues around the supply, demand and marketing of table grapes around the world.
The June 5 summit, in connection with the London Produce Show and Conference, covers emerging supply markets and opportunities in export markets.
- Consumer response to new varieties;
- A 10-year outlook on the grape market;
- Successfully marketing table grapes; and
- Maximizing online retailing in China,
According to the event’s website, global exports of table grapes have risen 17% the past five years, and new flavorful varieties are helping de-commoditize the category. International trade of table grapes total more than $8 billion, according to the website.
Speakers during the single-day event include:
- Don Goodwin, president and owner of Golden Sun Marketing, Minnetrista, Minn.;
- Ricardo Koch, general manager of Río Blanco, Chile;
- Manuel Jose Alcaino president of Decofrut, Chile; and
- John Pandol, director of special projects for Pandol Bros. Inc., Delano, Calif.