The Idaho Potato Commission, Eagle, has three new commissioners.
The new commissioners were sworn in during the commission’s October meeting, according to a news release.
The three new commissioners are:
- Julie VanOrden, grower, Garth VanOrden Farms, Pingree;
- Paul Sato, processor, McCain Foods USA Inc.; and
- Bryan Wada, shipper, Wada Farms, Idaho Falls.
“From farming to processing to politics, their impressive backgrounds and experience will be instrumental as we develop and implement new marketing programs that will shape the future of Idaho’s most important agricultural product, the Idaho potato,” Frank Muir, commission president and CEO, said in the release about the new commissioners.
Six other growers, shippers and processors serve on the Idaho Potato Commission:
- Nick Blanksma, Legacy Farms, chairman;
- Todd Cornelison, High Country Potatoes, vice-chairman;
- Mary Hasenoehrl, Gross Farms;
- Randy Hardy, Hardy Farms;
- Dan Nakamura, Idahoan Foods; and
- Brett Jensen, Jensen Farms.