Those products and five others were recognized as United Fresh Innovation Awards recipients after the votes were tallied on the show floor June 27. Show attendees selected the seven winners from 36 nominees.
The Innovation Award winners are:
- Best New Food Safety Solution: Natures Natural Solutions LLC, Industrial Size Food Freshness Card;
- Best New Fruit Product: Apeel Sciences, Apeel;
- Best New Packaging: Mucci Farms, Cutecumber Poppers;
- Best new Packing/Processing Equipment, Volm Cos. Inc., Volmpack Pouch Bagger;
- Best New Vegetable Product: Mastronardi Produce, Sunset Aloha Peppers;
- Best New Indoor Growing Technology: IUNU, Luna; and
- Best New Field Technology: Food-Origins; Food Origins Data Collection Platform.
“This year’s Innovations Awards winners won from a field of excellent and qualified competitors,” United Fresh’s vice president of convention & industry collaboration, John Toner, said in a news release. “The exceptional creativity of these seven winners helped them stand out at United Fresh 2018, the home of fresh produce innovation.”