The U.S. Department of Agriculture is hosting a web seminar on how to become an approved vendor to the agency.
The USDA’s Agricultural Marketing Service buys more than 300 food products for its feeding programs, including school meals, through USDA’s nutrition assistance and international food aid programs, according to a news release. Those purchases often include fresh produce.
The seminar is at 2 p.m. Eastern April 3.
- Areas included in the web seminar, according to the release:
- Steps to becoming an “approved vendor;”
- System for Award Management (SAM) tips to register;
- Guide through the USDA Commodity Procurement site; and
- Frequently asked questions.
Andrea Lang, the new vendor coordinator for the AMS Commodity Procurement Program is the scheduled speaker.