As Earth Day approaches, Santa Paula, Calif.-based Limoneira Co. is highlighting its sustainable practices in a YouTube video featuring spokeswoman Megan Roosevelt.
Additionally, Limoneira has partnered with more chefs and mixologists, nutritionists and beauty lifestyle and green cleaning experts to share information and tips with consumers served by Limoneira’s retail and foodservice customers worldwide, according to a news release.
Limoneira’s sustainability initiatives include:
- six solar installations, producing a total of 4.2 million kilowatts annually;
- an additional 2.8 million-kilowatt solar installation, bringing the total to 7 million kilowatts annually and providing 50% of Limoneira’s power needs;
- energy storage using a Tesla 400,000 kilowatt scalable system;
- a 12-acre facility that diverts green waste from landfills while providing mulch for orhards; and
- other technologies such as drones and GPS-moisture monitoring.
Limoneira plans to have Roosevelt talk about using citrus in monthly YouTube videos through the year, according to the release.