Amelia Freidline, copy editor and designer of The Packer, and Ashley Nickle, editor of Produce Retailer, discuss ways to get more produce into your Super Bowl party in this special edition of Millennials Eat.
While avocados for guacamole are certainly one of the main go-to produce items for Super Bowl shindigs, Amelia reveals a tasty (and easy) preparation of cauliflower that imitates buffalo chicken.
Try it out and let us know what you think. All you need is 10-15 cauliflower florets, two tablespoons of butter and some hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and black pepper or steak seasoning.
Then just follow these instructions from Amelia.
- Melt butter in a microwave-proof bowl.
- To melted butter, add 1 tablespoon or so of hot sauce, a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder and pepper/steak seasoning to taste, and stir together.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- On stove, heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip cauliflower florets into butter mixture so that the majority of the top of the floret is covered.
- Working in batches, if necessary, place dipped florets in pan and cook, turning from time to time, until some edges become dark and crispy (cauliflower should be slightly tender, but not completely soft).
- Remove from pan and place in serving bowl or on a platter.
- Sprinkle with additional hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and steak seasoning to taste. Enjoy!