The California Leafy Greens Marketing Agreement has new officers and board members.
New board members began their two-year terms at March 29 meeting in Salinas, according to a news release.
Dan Sutton, general manager of Pismo-Oceano Vegetable Exchange, is the group’s new board chairman. He succeeds Steve Church of Church Brothers Farms, Salinas.
“The past year has been sobering for the LGMA and its members,” Sutton said in a news release, referring to E. coli outbreaks linked to leafy greens. “I am humbled to serve behind several great leaders of the leafy greens community and, like them, I am committed to finding solutions that will make our products safer through this important food safety program.”
Jan Berk, chief operating officer of San Miguel Produce, Oxnard, Calif., is the board’s new vice-chairwoman. She was the group’s secretarytreasurer, a role that Gurmail Mudahar, vice president of research and development and food safety at Tanimura and Antle, Salinas, previously had.
New board members are:
- Drew McDonald, Taylor Farms, District 1 (Salinas, Watsonville, the San Joaquin Valley and Kern County);
- Robert Verloop, Coastline Family Farms, District 3 (Blythe, Imperial Valley); and
- John Jackson, Beachside Produce, District 2 (Santa Maria, Oxnard).
New alternate members are:
- Tony Alameda, Sabor Farms, District 1;
- Pete Donlon, Misionero Vegetables, District 1;
- Chris Drew, Ocean Mist Farms, District 1;
- Armando Figueroa, Braga Fresh Family Farms, District 1;
- Homero Contreras, Beachside Produce, District 2; and
- Larry Cox, Coastline Family Farms, District 3.