The Sweet Carnival proprietary grape variety will debut at PMA's Fresh Summit in Orlando, Fla. ( Courtesy Sunview Marketing International )

Click here for updates on this year's Sweet Carnival crop.

Sunview Marketing International, Delano, Calif., is introducing a proprietary grape, Sweet Carnival, with commercial volumes expected next year.

The grape’s flavor is described as “pink spun sugar you find at the fair,” by Sunview Marketing vice president of sales Mitch Wetzel in a news release.

“We say Sweet Carnival is ‘as sweet any carnival treat,’ and we’re excited that we are able to offer it in commercial volumes from the beginning of September through most of November next year,” Wetzel said in the release.

The grape will debut at the Produce Marketing Association’s Fresh Summit on Oct. 19-20 in Orlando, Fla., at booth No. 3061.

Sweet Carnival joins other proprietary varieties developed since Sunview started a breeding program 35 years ago, including Rosa, Stella Bella, Gem and Sparkle.

Sweet Carnival will be appearing in stores in late summer 2019.

Comments
Submitted by Professor Lorax on Wed, 10/10/2018 - 16:02

It's called cotton candy.

Submitted by Michael Oaks PHD CPA on Mon, 10/15/2018 - 09:50

Hello Professor Lorax. Please explain why you say it's called cotton candy?

In reply to by Professor Lorax (not verified)

Submitted by Jordan G. on Mon, 10/15/2018 - 11:33

These grapes are absolutely disgusting!! They would be good if more than one or two out of the whole pound or more, actually tasted better than tart, Even like a grape let alone pink sugar...

In reply to by Michael Oaks P… (not verified)

Submitted by Stephen Howells Sr on Fri, 11/02/2018 - 16:44

You’re absolutely right I bought some of these grapes and they are just as you described awful

In reply to by Jordan G. (not verified)

Submitted by Johnny on Tue, 10/15/2019 - 03:01

These guys apparently have NO idea what they are talking about

These grapes are FANTASTIC

And, ALL my kids are hoping that they keep up the great work and not disappear as does everything that is great

Hope I'd not just a fad

In reply to by John W (not verified)

Submitted by Tetyana on Fri, 11/08/2019 - 12:46

They are delicious! Can’t identify what it’s been combined with, but they are sweet and juicy.

In reply to by Johnny (not verified)

Submitted by Susie Moore on Tue, 09/24/2019 - 12:24

I think they totally taste like Cotton Candy. I like them.

In reply to by Jordan G. (not verified)

Submitted by Maureen on Wed, 10/16/2019 - 09:48

So do I, wish I had some at work with me. I want some now, LOL!

In reply to by Susie Moore (not verified)

Submitted by Jen on Fri, 10/25/2019 - 18:44

Mine tasted like chemicals. I only ate 3 and can’t get the taste and feel out of my mouth.

In reply to by Jordan G. (not verified)

Submitted by The man on Mon, 11/18/2019 - 19:24

Did you get the taste out of your mouth yet. When was the chemical taste 1st introduced to your taste buds? Ima dat elementary school are head start for my final answer. Kmsl

In reply to by Jen (not verified)

Submitted by Karen Yonts on Wed, 01/08/2020 - 01:21

I absolutely love these grades I wish they had them in the store all the time they are Absolutely delicious please send more to Lufkin tx

In reply to by Jordan G. (not verified)

Submitted by Professor Lorax on Tue, 10/16/2018 - 14:50

“pink spun sugar you find at the fair,” = cotton candy

In reply to by Michael Oaks P… (not verified)

Submitted by The man on Mon, 11/18/2019 - 19:21

Cause it taste exactly like cotton candy. Wait did you think it was cause it looks like cotton candy ? Lol

In reply to by Michael Oaks P… (not verified)

Submitted by Anna on Mon, 09/09/2019 - 21:10

I found these today at my local neighborhood Walmart. I am so excited! I've never been able to get my hands in the cotton candy grapes. These taste just like cotton candy! I love them!

Submitted by Yagirl Sweet Tee on Wed, 09/11/2019 - 11:02

I"VE GOT TO WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS, BECAUSE I AM UTTERLY AMAZED AT THE GOODNESS OF THESE FANTASTIC GRAPES...I AM EATING SOME AS I SPEAK AN OH MY MY MY ...ITS A PARTY IN MY MOUTH AND MAKES ME FEEL GOOD TO MY SOUL HOW WONDERFUL AND MARVELOUS AND MAGICALLY SWEET THESE GRAPES SARE TASING JUST LIKE CANDY...WITH THESE GRAPES IN MY LIFE I CAN BE ON A WIEGHTLOSS JOURNEY AND BE UTTERLY SATISFIED TO THE FULLEST DEGREE AND THET HAVE CANDY STORE GRAPES THEY ARE AMAZING TOO BUT THESE CARNIVAL GRAPES OMG..THEY EVEN TASTE BETTER THAN THE COTTON CANDY GRAPES.. ITS A MIRACLE I AM SO HAPPY..I LOVE MOON GRAPES TOO SEE I AM A EXOTIC GRAPE LOVER..I DO'NT SEE WHY THE COMMENTERS ABOVE DISLIKE THESE GRAPES I AM ASTONISHED AT THEIR COMMENTS...KEEP THE GOOD WORK UP GRAPE GROWERS..THUMBS UP..HAT'S OFF U DID IT...YAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YAGIRL SWEET TEE LOVE IT...GOOGLE ME YOU GUYS YAGIRL SWEET TEE OR THE TALENTED SWEET TEE YOU WILL FIND MY SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS...TOODLES!!!!!!

Submitted by Shannon Wiseman on Sat, 09/14/2019 - 02:38

I live in Fresno, CA and saw these grapes at my local Von’s grocery store.
They were pretty pricey and I wasn’t sure I was going to spend that kind of money for the 1 pound container.
BUT..... after sneaking 1-grape out of the box and tasting it, I was amazed at just how much it smelt and tasted like cotton candy!!!!! OMG
THEY look like green grapes but are actually seedless white grapes.
They are so sweet and juicy, I wound up purchasing 2 containers of these wonderfully tasty grapes.
Ohhh by far the best grapes I have ever tasted and I have grown up in Central California and have had my share of fresh produce!

Submitted by Susie Moore on Tue, 09/24/2019 - 12:30

Ha! I did the same thing. A friend told me they taste like Cotton Candy. I snitched one at the store to try & bought a bag. I like them & they do taste like Cotton Candy. I wonder why there is no nutrition label on them though. Their grapes, how bad could they be.

In reply to by Shannon Wiseman (not verified)

Submitted by Shannon Wiseman on Sat, 09/14/2019 - 02:39

I live in Fresno, CA and saw these grapes at my local Von’s grocery store.
THEY look like green grapes but are actually seedless white grapes.

Submitted by Katrina on Fri, 09/20/2019 - 11:15

How can I contact the makers of this poison?

They are garbage!!!

Submitted by Jay on Sat, 10/05/2019 - 19:44

They are all the closed mined mean people that hate everything. If they can complain , they will.

In reply to by John (not verified)

Submitted by Jon on Fri, 09/20/2019 - 12:38

These are awesome. Taste like cotton candy. Dont know what the people are eating that think they are terrible. I think these are the people that sit on their porches and yell at the kids stepping on their grass.

Submitted by Jennifer on Sat, 09/21/2019 - 14:22

OMG I saw this for the first time at the food store today and I LOVE them!!! I BEG you to create vegetables that taste like candy PLEASE!!!

Submitted by KGkaub on Sat, 09/21/2019 - 19:56

These grapes are FABULOUS!

Submitted by Khoikhoi on Sun, 09/22/2019 - 20:36

I tried these today for the first time when my husband brought me some. They are sweeter than regular white grapes but not quite like the actual cotton candy grapes I’ve tasted from Whole Foods grocery store.

Submitted by GrapeDude on Sun, 11/03/2019 - 12:15

I actually like these better than the cotton candy grapes from The Grapery and such. Every bag from The Grapery I bought was mushy, old and almost rotten. Carnival brand has been fresh, firm and even tasting. Carnival wins by far.

In reply to by Khoikhoi (not verified)

Submitted by Anonymous on Mon, 09/23/2019 - 10:29

The first one was great. But each grape after that left a bitter taste and my mouth felt like it was coated with some chemical. I will never buy these again.

Submitted by Johnny on Tue, 10/15/2019 - 02:58

Because all my kids love them

In reply to by Anonymous (not verified)

Submitted by Lisa on Mon, 09/23/2019 - 18:12

They are delicious!! 🎠

Submitted by Nancy on Mon, 09/23/2019 - 22:11

I found these grapes at my neighborhood Walmart today. They are very sweet. Almost like eating candy.

Submitted by Tina Johnson on Mon, 09/23/2019 - 22:47

Im really enjoying all the new grape hybrids being introduced! These taste fabulous! And for those who thing HYBRIDIZING is "poison" or somehow un-natural: please get educated before you speak!

Submitted by Jasiu on Sat, 10/05/2019 - 19:48

The grapes are great. You’ll find everyone with every personal like or dislike to this product. We all have different tastes. I think they are fantastic, others disagree. Don’t buy them if you don’t Like them. I will have them as long as they are available.

Submitted by Rena on Tue, 10/08/2019 - 15:53

I purchased these after sampling them at my local Fareway store absolutely love them will be buying them again,

Submitted by Annie on Thu, 10/10/2019 - 11:56

I love these! They cannot call them cotton candy grapes because the grapery has trademarked it. So carnival grapes is all they can do. They are both very similar. I’ve noticed that sometimes they are sooooo good and sometimes they are just okay.

Submitted by August Del La Vega on Sat, 10/12/2019 - 23:06

Love them! Our agency had some donated from a local food pantry.
Wonder how much they cost per pound?

Submitted by Chevy T. on Mon, 10/14/2019 - 10:03

Stater Brothers Markets are selling them now, We purchased a package of these grapes and yes they’re sweet and crisp, but not as sugary as the Cotton Candy grapes...

Submitted by Tom on Mon, 10/14/2019 - 15:28

These gapes a home run! I have worked for this grower many years, and they are always coming up with something good. Try the Gems, you will be hooked at first bite!!

Submitted by Johnny on Tue, 10/15/2019 - 02:56

Went to market and seen these grapes. So, we sneaked a couple out to see if it was only.a colorful advertisement gimmick

But, NO they are truly great and do taste just like cotton candy without all the sugar. At least we hope they dont add sugar or something. If they are TRULY natural then this is a Grand Slam and, Whole Foods Cottin Candy grapes take a back seat to these because, they are ARTIFICALLY FLAVORED and full of added sugars. Funny, Whole Foods. Supposed to be Natural store. So much for that ruse.

So, for ALL those that don't like the that is great also. Because, more that we can buy and, they can buy something else.

Thank you for not buying so we can return and buy another 4 packages tomorrow

Submitted by Johnny on Tue, 10/15/2019 - 02:56

Thank you for not buying so we can return and buy another 4 packages tomorrow

Submitted by M on Fri, 10/25/2019 - 09:37

These grapes are amazingly delicious!! Please please make wine with them!! Imagine that 😍😍

Submitted by Alicia on Thu, 11/07/2019 - 22:31

Ooooohhhh!!!! 🍷 that would be the best wine ever!!!

In reply to by M (not verified)

Submitted by Jen on Fri, 10/25/2019 - 18:42

I soaked them in vinegar and everything and still couldn’t get rid of the bitter chemical taste and sticky feeling after eating. I’m sure they’d taste good otherwise.

Submitted by Joanne on Tue, 11/05/2019 - 23:06

By far the best grape I've ever tasted. To get me to give up my Reese's Peanut Butter Cup for a grape is beyond saying how fabulous this grape is.

Submitted by Jordon Hanson on Mon, 11/18/2019 - 17:51

As a former circus peanut LOVER, I am so grateful for these carnival grapes. I have struggled with being sensitive to high amounts of sugar in my diet for many years now. Carnival grapes give me the opportunity to shamelessly satisfy my adult sweet tooth and not be plagued by worry of the consequences. I will be in love with carnival grapes for the rest of my life. Sorry circus peanuts, I have to say we have a better player up to bat.