Nominations for the 2018 United Fresh Produce Association’s retail produce manager awards are due Jan. 24.
Nominations for the award program, sponsored by Dole Food Co., can be submitted online, according to a news release.
The 25 winners of the United Fresh Retail Produce Manager Award will attend the United Fresh 2018 expo, set for June 25-27 in Chicago.
- Nominations are evaluated on four criteria, according to the release:
- Innovative merchandising, special displays, and sampling programs;
- Produce-related community service or outreach;
- Recognition within their company; and
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and promoting fresh produce.
Companies may nominate multiple produce managers, according to the release. Winners are accompanied to United Fresh 2018 by a produce executive from the retailer’s corporate headquarters office.
Winners and their corporate produce executives receive: airfare, hotel and registration to the show. Five grand prize winners receive $1,000 each.