The Produce Marketing Association is seeking nominations for its Awards of Excellence.
“The first half of 2020 has seen the produce and floral community undergo a sea of change in how we connect with each other and with consumers, PMA CEO Cathy Burns said in a news release. “In the midst of these disruptions and challenges, I know there are industry leaders who have exemplified high levels of collaboration; commitment to empowering the development of female leaders; floral marketing expertise; attracting talent to industry; and overall commitment to PMA and our industry.”
Nominations for all of the awards are due Aug. 21.
The awards, according to the release, are:
- The Robert L. Carey Leadership Award, which honors a PMA member for leadership skills and an uncommon commitment to PMA and the industry overall;
- The Bryan E. Silbermann Collaboration Award, which recognizes a PMA member for work with individuals and/or organizations to create solutions to an industry issue or challenge;
- Floral Marketer of the Year, which recognizes a PMA member's outstanding leadership skills and commitment to the mass-market floral industry;
- The Center for Growing Talent's Women's Catalyst Award, which honors a fresh produce or floral leader who has mentored women and furthered their professional development; and
- The Center for Growing Talent Jay Pack Cultivating Our Future Award, which honors a volunteer who supports attracting talent by sharing their passion and insights for careers in the produce and floral industry.
Nominations for the awards can be made online. The awards are announced during PMA’s Fresh Summit.