MONTEREY, Calif. — With a full day of activities kicked off by education sessions, followed by a discussion with big-name retailers and an expo floor featuring new products, the Organic Produce Summit gave a well-rounded overview of the segment on July 12.
Field tours and a reception on July 11 started the summit, which brought about 250 retailers into contact with suppliers, about 130 of which showcased products on the show floor at the Monterey Conference Center.
Education sessions focused on an array of issues facing the organic segment:
- Deep Dive — Organic Sales Analysis and the Why Behind the Buy
- Organics and Media — New Landscape of Information
- The Organic Supply Chain — Opportunities and Challenges
- E-Grocery and the Future of Organic Fresh Produce at Retail
- Organic Ingredients — Creating New Opportunities in the Produce Department
Attendees of the show were active on social media:
The Organic Summit expo is open! Visit us at booth #310 to learn more about our pristine growing conditions that allow us to produce fruits and vegetables from seeds that have been propagated at our very own farm. #OPS2018 #RedSunFarms #GreemhouseGrown #ForFreshnessthatLasts pic.twitter.com/hfzQB9RCg7— Red Sun Farms (@ShopRedSun) July 12, 2018
For more coverage of the Organic Produce Summit, keep checking thepacker.com and read the July 23 print edition of The Packer.
News Editor Chris Koger contributed to this article.