A Pathmark store is set to open in Brooklyn in the next couple months. ( Allegiance Retail Services )

Supermarket cooperative Allegiance Retail Services has purchased the Pathmark name and plans to open a store under that banner in Brooklyn, N.Y., in late March or early April.

The first location will be 1525 Albany Ave. and will be 49,000 square feet, according to a news release.

ARS purchased the Pathmark name and marks — which became available after the A&P bankruptcy in 2015 — to increase the number of banners available to coop members and to create a format that appeals to millennial families, which the company describes as an underserved consumer segment.

Those shoppers “demand wide variety, strong promotions, everyday values and ingredient-based products,” ARS said in the release.

The company plans to assess the performance of the first location before committing to retrofitting existing stores or building new stores to operate under the Pathmark banner.

ARS has 32 members operating 120 retail supermarkets in three states: New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.

Comments
Submitted by Malcolm Wilson on Wed, 03/27/2019 - 04:45

I am so glad to say one of our greatest supermarket is back in our communities.🙏🏿💙✅ To whom this may concern me and the fellow Pathmark shoppers would like to thank you from the bottom of our heart for bringing one of the greatest supermarket back your the greatest supermarket back can’t wait I’m so excited once again thanks #makingAmericagreatagain #hope #progress #weafamily #welcomeback #teampsthmark........

Submitted by Nicole Martinez on Thu, 04/04/2019 - 01:59

What he said ☝🏽....And hopefully Pathmark will gradually open the 24hrs like before.

In reply to by Malcolm Wilson (not verified)

Submitted by Marie on Thu, 04/11/2019 - 09:13

I’m so glad Pathmark is coming back. That’s one of my favorite supermarkets.

Submitted by Joy on Sun, 04/28/2019 - 17:57

First of all I really missed Pathmark when they went out of business. I missed the great deals and frequent sales that other stores did not have. I had to now travel all the way to Walmart to shop. When I heard that a new store was going to open in my neighborhood I was extremely happy and grateful to the investors. I would often drive by to see the progress and check online for any new updates. Finally its here! Am so excited I will continue to be the loyal customer I always was and hope to be for many more years. Hopefully there will be more stores in the other locations in Brooklyn. Yeah!!

Submitted by Joy on Sun, 04/28/2019 - 17:57

Submitted by Janice Larrier on Sat, 05/11/2019 - 07:29

I truly miss Pathmark! It was so convenient and all the products that I purchase at great prices!! There is a vacancy in the Five Towns Shopping Center!! Exactly where the old Pathmark used to be!! It’s the vacant building in which K- Mart was!! It would be a The right amount of space!! It’s worth checking it out!! That’s just what is needed in that Shopping Center!!

Submitted by Janice Larrier on Sat, 05/11/2019 - 07:29