The Produce for Better Health Foundation has new awards to honor industry leaders, dieticians, influencers and promoters of the group’s new Have a Plant consumptions campaign.
The awards will debut at the group’s annual awards and recognition luncheon at the Consumer Connection Conference April 13-16 in Scottsdale, Ariz., according to a news release.
The awards are:
- The Have A Plant Promoter Awards, with separate recognitions for industry promoters, retailers, foodservice operators and members of the public (links for online applications);
- PBH Retail Dietitian of the Year Award;
- PBH Foodservice Leader of the Year Award;
- PBH Influencer of the Year Award; and
- PBH Excellence in Leadership Award.
Applications for all of the awards are available online and are due by Feb. 1.
PBH President and CEO Wendy Reinhardt Kapsak said the Have A Plant campaign, launched in 2019, has received a “remarkable” response.
“Our members, influencer partners and other industry leaders have been true trailblazers in their support of this important initiative,” Reinhardt Kapsak said in the release. “In order to close the consumption gap, it is going to take more than just PBH to make an impact.
The awards will showcase individuals inside and outside of the industry who have advanced new fruit and vegetable consumption behaviors and the Have a Plant campaign, she said.