The Produce for Better Health Foundation has recruited a collection of digital and social media influencers to create content for the group over the next year.
The Fruit and Vegetable Ambassadors in Action program launches at the PBH Consumer Connection Conference April 22-25 in Scottsdale, Ariz., according to a news release.
“Keeping in line with our mission to help Americans enjoy happier, healthier lives by eating more fruits and vegetables every single day, PBH is committed to helping the industry reach consumers when and where they are engaging with fruits and vegetables by cultivating relationships with key influencers,” Wendy Reinhardt Kapsak, president and CEO of PBH, said in the release.
She said PBH will continue to work with retail dietitians and foodservice and culinary leaders.
“This year, we are excited to further expand our reach to include key influencers who span additional areas of expertise, and who are reaching Gen Z and millennial consumers every day through their own channels,” she said in the release.
The ambassadors have agreed to work with PBH to create content on a monthly basis over twelve months. All of the ambassadors connect with Gen Z and millennial consumers directly through work and social channels.
The group has a collective reach of nearly one million consumers through social media channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, according to the release.
“Influencers lead with emotion and experience as well as taste and flavor to motivate consumer food decisions, aligning with our new overall brand transformation, also launching at this year’s Consumer Connection Conference,” Reinhardt Kapsak said in the release.
Considering PBH’s digital and social reach, the network will reach more than two million consumers every day.
Sponsors of the 2019 PBH Consumer Connection Conference will have a chance to introduce their brands and initiatives to the influencers through its 1:1 CONNECT platform, or business exchange appointments. Attendees will also have a chance to interact with them throughout the conference.
Fruit and Vegetable Ambassadors in Action members include:
- Leslie Bonci, owner of Active Eating Advice;
- Chef Andrew Dole of from Body Fuel;
- Chef Suvir Saran, Top Chef Master;
- Abbie Gellman, registered dietitian/culinary nutritionist lead at Culinary Nutrition Cuisine;
- Serena Wolf, author and founder of Domesticate Me LLC;
- Neva Cochran, nutrition communication consultant of Eating Beyond the Headlines;
- Emily Kyle, owner of Emily Kyle Nutrition;
- Valerie Agyeman, nutrition communications dietitian at Flourish Heights;
- Kimberly Schwabenbauer, owner of Fuel Your Passion;
- Jonathan Valdez, owner/food director/photographer of Genki Nutrition/Guild Magazine;
- Beau Coffron, president of Lunchbox Dad;
- Manuel Villacorta, author, spokesperson and registered dietitian from MV Nutrition;
- Adam Rosante, fitness and wellness coach with Rosante Living;
- Cara Harbstreet, owner of Street Smart Nutrition; and
- Lori Taylor, founder and CEO of The Produce Moms.