The Peruvian Avocado Commission has a new board of directors.
The board, including the companies that represent its marketing committee “will be key in driving growth and creating increased opportunity for the org,” according to a news release.
“With preparations for the upcoming season well underway, these individuals will help guide efforts that will continue Avocados from Peru’s ongoing position as an innovator and experiential marketing leader in the industry,” according to the release.
Xavier Equiha, president and CEO of the commission, said the members’ collective experience will ensure “continued commitment to excellence in the coming seasons” in the release.
The board members, who will service two-year terms, are:
- Jose Antonio Castro, producer, Agrokasa;
- Daniel Bustamante, exporter, Agricola Cerro Prieto;
- Enrique Camet, exporter, Camet Trading;
- Jose Antonio Gomez, exporter, Camposol;
- Eugenio Oliveira, exporter, CPF;
- Giovanni Cavaletto, importer, Index Fresh;
- Patrick Cortes, importer, Mission Produce;
- Bob Lucy, importer, Del Rey Avocado; and
- Luke Sears, importer, LGS Specialty Sales;
Board officers are:
- Jose Antonio Castro, chairman;
- Jose Antonio Gomez, vice-chairman;
- Luke Sears, secretary; and
- Patrick Cortes, treasurer.
Bob Lucy is the chairman of the marketing committee, and the companies representing the marketing committee are:
- Del Monte
- Del Rey Avocado
- Index Fresh
- LGS Specialty Sales
- Mission Produce