Potatoes USA is looking for nominations for 58 seats on its board.
The positions are for 2019-22 terms, according to a news release. The potato research and promotion organization implements plans for strengthening U.S. table stock, frozen, chip stock and dehydrated consumption domestically and in foreign markets.
Information on the open positions has been sent to state potato groups. The new and returning board members will join the board at its annual meeting March 12-14 in Denver.
Requirements for joining the board include:
- Being active in the potato farming community;
- Attending the annual March meeting;
- Being active in community/local government/cultural/business affairs;
- Representing and communicating with constituents regularly;
- Supporting Potatoes USA programs; and
- Speaking to grower groups, media and others about the group’s programs and mission.
For more information, contact the potato group in your home state.