What's going on with Quebec's crops this season and the produce leaders who grow, pack, sell, and ship the food?
The Packer's Northeast editor, Amy Sowder, conducted a mid-summer tour of Quebec's vegetable agricultural regions north and south of Montreal.
It's an area that has a lot of similarities to the Northeast U.S. region, including that rich, black muck soil that's so good for growing produce.
Meet these four growers and see five farms:
- Stéphane Van Winden of Delfland
- François Van Winden of Vegpro International, with the Fresh Attitude brand
- Les Jardins A. Guérin & Fils, with the JAG brand of beets
- Marc-Andre and Jean-Bernard Van Winden of Les Fermes Hotte and Van Winden
- Pierre-Luc Turcot of Ferme A. & R. Turcot
The Packer will be at the Quebec Produce Marketing Association Conference in Quebec City, August 8-10.
To check out all six farms Sowder visited (including Ferme GNC) — plus get more in-depth insight — make sure to read the upcoming Quebec Produce section coming in the next issue of The Packer.
- High-tech Quebec supermarket tops NYC sightings
- Northeast news: QPMA leaders prepare for conference with new events
- QPMA gets government health partnership grant