A chance to win $1,000 is now part of the motivation for attendees to get their steps in at the United Fresh Produce Association’s Expo in Chicago.
United Fresh is urging attendees to participate in the inaugural United Fresh 2019 Walking Challenge.
For top walkers, the competition offers a chance to win $1,000 cash and registration to the United Fresh 2020 Convention & Expo in San Diego, according to a news release.
To participate, attendees can download the Heka Walk Walking Challenge App at the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Participants who enter the challenge before noon on June 10 receive an extra 500 steps, according to the release. Bonus steps, in 500 step increments, can also be earned by scanning the Walking Challenge QR codes at various United Fresh events and destinations:
- The United Fresh Opening Party at Navy Pier’s Crystal Gardens;
- United Fresh Late Night at Chicago’s House of Blues;
- The Fresh Festival for School Foodservice;
- Monday’s Produce Outlook general session;
- Tuesday’s Morten Hansen general session;
- Wednesday’s Women in Produce general session;
- The United Fresh membership booth; and
- The Walking Challenge sponsor’s booth, Crunch Pak, booth No. 6040.
The Walking Challenge begins at noon June 10 and ends 12:30 p.m. June 12, when the top 25 on the leaderboard will be entered to win the $1,000 grand prize, according to the release.
The winner — who must be present to receive the grand prize — will be announced from the main stage at 2:30 p.m. June 12, according to the release.
Questions about the challenge can be directed to Bethany Geris, digital marketing manager at United Fresh, at 202-303-3427.