Domex Superfresh Growers has named the recipients of its five annual scholarships.
This year’s recipients are:
- Nick Jacoby, son of Katie and Jon Jacoby of DSG Logistics;
- Joselin Marin, daughter of Araceli Badillo Islas of Superfresh Growers;
- Adilene Badillo Hernandez, Superfresh Growers employee;
- Imelda Andrade Anguiano, daughter of Marisol Anguiano Diaz of Superfresh Growers; and
- Carli Short, daughter of Lakeishia and Jay Short, of Superfresh Growers.
“This has been a year like none other. The ray of hope and promise for the future of these scholarships create means much more than financial support,” Jennifer Witherbee, executive director of the Washington Apple Education Foundation, said in a news release.
Superfresh Growers Kershaw Cos. Scholarships awards $5,000 per year renewable for up to four years.
“All of our scholarship recipients do amazing things every day, and we are so proud of them. I am filled with hope for our future by hearing their stories and getting to know them,” Kristin Kershaw, director corporate affairs, said in the release.
The scholarship recipients will be recognized at a virtual party later in the summer.