As fall approaches, it’s time to get your tailgating game on, and introduce a new items to augment the burgers and hot dogs.
Side Delights from the Fresh Solutions Network, San Francisco, have a variety of potato products suitable for innovative and healthy tailgating dishes, from fresh-cut and potato kits to grill-ready Grillables, according to a news release.
The company’s recipe page has suggestions such as the California Avocado Tri-Color Potato Salad.
Not going to the game? Fresh Solutions Network President and CEO Kathleen Triou said “homegating” is a popular pre-game activity.
“Tailgating has extended into the backyard and the living room, and elevating the dishes prepared is now the key to a successful tailgate,” Triou said in the release. “What used to only be burgers, beers and a baked potato, is now wine, steak, and gourmet potato side dishes.”
The Fresh Solutions Network, which also markets onions, is supplied by growers throughout the U.S.:
- Sterman Masser Inc., through Masser Potato Farms, Sacramento, Pa., and Keystone Potato Products, Hegins, Pa.;
- Michael Family Farms Inc., Urbana, Ohio;
- Basin Gold Cooperative Inc., Pasco, Wash.;
- Green Thumb Farms Inc., Fryeburg, Maine;
- Red Isle Potato Growers Ltd., Prince Edward Island, Canada;
- NoKota Packers Inc., Buxton, N.D.;
- Sun-Glo of Idaho, Inc., Sugar City, Idaho; and
- Mack Farms, Lake Wales, Fla.