The Viva Fresh Innovation Showcase finalists feature products across the spectrum of the fresh produce industry.
The Texas International Produce Association, Mission, released a list of the 22 finalists, which will compete for recognition during the Viva Fresh Expo in San Antonio, with attendees choosing the Best in Show on April 27.
The products are:
- Allen Lund Co., AlchemyTMS-Spot Bid tool;
- Apeel Sciences, plant-derived shelf life extension technology;
- Coast Tropical, Organic Wrap Around Mango;
- Del Monte Fresh Produce, Honeyglow Pineapple;
- Del Monte Fresh/Mann Packing, Cualilini Baby Cauliflower;
- Fox Packaging, Fox Stand-Up Combo Bag;
- Frontera Produce/Sostena, Golden Crush Cantaloupe/Ground Site/Produce Plan;
- GoodFarms/Equitable Food Initiative, Andrew & Williamson EFI Continuous Improvement Teams;
- IFCO Systems, MyIFCO Recollect App;
- International Paper, International Paper, Stakor;
- Ippolito International, Royal Brussels Sprouts;
- Kingdom Fresh Farms, Solar Panel System;
- Magic Sun Farms, CEICKOR University
- Mastronardi Produce, Aloha peppers;
- Mr. Lucky, Mr. Lucky Garlic Blister Pack;
- Mucci Farms, CuteCumber Poppers;
- National Mango Board, In-store Mango Display;
- Pure Flavor, Mini Munchies Tomato Snack Pack;
- SunFed, SunFed Sweet Melon Machine;
- Triple H Produce, Triple H Grower’s App;
- Ventura Foods/Marie’s Refrigerated Salad Dressing, Marie’s Market Reserve Refrigerated Dressings;
- Village Farms, Village Farms Texas Grown.
“Our vision for this showcase has been to recognize excellence and celebrate the creative, unique and industry-changing technologies that are both shaping and improving every aspect of the fresh produce supply chain,” Dante Galeazzi, president and CEO of TIPA, said in the release.
Judges with backgrounds in retail and foodservice, along with produce industry veterans, chose the finalists.