Weston, Fla.-based Fudi Food Corp./Thx! has formed an independent advisory and transparency board to oversee execution of its social impact mission.
According to a news release, the company appointed five food industry business leaders to the board:
- Nancy Tucker, vice president of global business development for the Produce Marketing Association;
- Simon Somogyi, Arrell chair in the Business of Food at the University of Guelph, Canada;
- Eric Biddiscombe, new business development for North America, country manager for Canada for Tosca Ltd.,
- David Lund, CEO of GrowthSpring Group; and
- Craig Stephen, CEO of Clear Compass Advisors, LLC.
Stephen, according to the release, is chairman of the advisory and transparency board.
Fudi Food Corp./Thx! markets and distributes blueberries, cherries and other produce, with all products are marketed under the Thx! social impact brand. The release said the brand promotes farm workers’ dignity by helping them achieve a dream, defined as something that is beyond the financial reach of a farm worker. To fund the Dreams initiative, Thx! sets aside about 20% of its profits, according to the release.