Eight chefs and foodservice personnel from across the country have been chosen to be honored for innovation through the United Fresh Produce Excellence in Foodservice Awards Program.
The 11th such awards, sponsored by Pro*Act LLC, will highlight the chefs at the United Fresh 2018 Convention and Expo June 25-27, according to a news release.
The award recipients and the categories they represent are:
- Business in Industry — Chef Julie Pearson, foodservice director at Anthem Richmond, Compass Food Group-Eurest Services, Richmond, Va.;
- Casual & Family Dining Restaurants — Michael Rypka, executive chef and vice president of culinary marketing at United States Success Foods Management Group LLC, dba Torchy’s Tacos, Austin, Texas;
- Colleges & Universities — Chef Mark Bedzik, culinary art facility and university chef/greenhouse manager at the Culinary Institute of Virginia, Norfolk;
- Fine Dining Restaurants — Daniel Asher, executive chef and partner of River & Woods, Boulder, Colo.;
- Hospitals & Healthcare — Damon Mangano, executive chef/district chef for Aramark at Hillcrest Hospital Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland;
- Hotels & Resorts — Graham Lockwood, executive chef at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston;
- K-12 Foodservice — Eric Goldstein, chief executive of School Support Services at the New York City Department of Education; and
- Quick Service Restaurants — Ryan Krebs, director of foodservice at Rutter’s, York, Pa.