The United Fresh Produce Association, Washington, D.C., has a new slate of officers and directors.
The new board will become official at the organization’s March 19 in Sonoma, Calif., according to a news release.
The new executive board is:
- Michael Muzyk, president of Baldor Specialty Foods Inc., Bronx, N.Y., chairman;
- Danny Dumas, senior vice president of North American sales and product management for Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A. Inc., Coral Gables, Fla., chairman-elect;
- Michael Castagnetto, president of Robinson Fresh, Eden Prairie, Minn., secretary-treasurer; and
- Greg Corrigan, CEO of United Vegetable Growers Cooperative, Salinas, Calif., immediate past chairman.
New United Fresh board members who will service a two-year term are:
- Melissa Melshenker Ackerman, president of Produce Alliance, Chicago;
- José Antonio Gómez Bazán, managing director of Camposol International, Lima;
- Lisa McNeece vice president of foodservice and industrial sales for Grimmway Enterprises Inc., Bakersfield, Calif.;
- James Rogers, founder and CEO of Apeel Sciences, Goleta, Calif.;
- Natalie Shuman, director of trade and retail marketing for Apeel Sciences; and
- Mary Thompson, CEO of Bonduelle Fresh Americas, Irwindale, Calif.
Current United Fresh board members who have new positions on market segment board and councils are:
- Eric Halverson, CEO of Black Gold Farms, Grand Forks, N.D., chairman of the Grower-Shipper Board;
- Paul Lightfoot, president of BrightFarms, Irvington, N.Y., vice chairman of the Grower-Shipper Board;
- Sarah Grady, manager of U.S. strategic supply chain at McDonalds Corp., Chicago, chairwoman of the Retail-Foodservice Board; and
- Richard Gonzales, vice president of global produce sourcing, Walmart Stores Inc., Bentonville, Ark., vice chairman of the Retail-Foodservice Board.
Board members whose service will end at the March meeting are:
- Cindy Jewell, owner of Jewell Marketing, immediate past chairwoman;
- Jeff Cady, director of produce and floral at Tops Friendly Markets;
- John Jackson, CEO of Beachside Produce;
- Doug Kling, CEO of Kling Strategic Partners;
- Phil Muir, president of Muir Copper Canyon Farms;
- Kristen Reid, executive vice president of the MIXTEC Group,; and
- Brent Scattini, vice president-West Coast for Seven Seas Fruit.