March 1 U.S. fresh apple holdings are up 14% from a year ago and 7% greater than the five-year average.
In its fifth storage report of the 2019-20 season, the U.S. Apple Association reports fresh inventories on March 1 are 74.4 million cartons, 14% up from 65.1 million cartons last year and 2.3% higher than the 72.7 million cartons on hand two years ago.
In comparison with year-ago levels, U.S. Apple reported March 1 inventories of:
- Fuji: 9.77 million cartons, up 21%;
- Gala: 15,80 million cartons, up 23%;
- Granny smith: 9.6 million cartons, up 29%;
- Honeycrisp: 6.48 million cartons, up 28%;
- Cripps pink/Pink Lady: 3.75 million cartons, up 4%;
- Red delicious: 16.39 million cartons, down 12%.