U.S. orange and tangerine exports suffered a 2% decline in value and a 14% drop in volume in 2018.
U.S. Department of Agriculture trade statistics show the top market for U.S. oranges and tangerines was South Korea in 2018.
Even so, U.S. orange and tangerine exports to South Korea were off 11% in value and 29% lower in volume compared with 2017.
Buying $202 million and 131,500 metric tons, South Korea accounted for 33% of the value and 25% of the volume of total U.S. orange and tangerine exports in 2018.
Other top global destinations for U.S. orange and tangerine exports in 2018, by value and compared with 2017, were:
- Canada: $156 million, up 1%;
- Japan: $87.4 million, no change;
- Hong Kong: $82.7 million, up 11%;
- China: $51.9 million, up 7%;
- Australia: $17.9 million, down 28%;
- Mexico: $13.9 million, up 33%.