The U.S. Department of Agriculture has restricted four produce industry businesses for alleged Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act violations.
The following businesses and people are restricted from operating in the industry, according to a news release:
- Triple Fresh Produce LLP, Nogales, Ariz., for not paying $5,130 to a Florida seller. When the PACA reparation order was issued, Adam Polan and Manny Dinis were listed as partners in the business. Another person listed as a principal, Enrique “KiKi” Heredia, has challenged that status.
- Bain Distributors Inc., Santa Fe Spring, Calif., for not paying $30,647 to a seller in California. Alfred Lares was listed as a officer, director and/or major stockholder of the business.
- Ultra Fresh LLC, Westwood N.J., for not paying $61,319 to a Minnesota seller. William Hidalgo was listed as a member of the business.
- Fresh International Inc., Nashville, Tenn., for not paying $12,468 to a Missouri seller. Jaquelina Lopez, Manuel Arroyo and Dulce Nieto were listed as officers, directors and/or major stockholders of the business.
- Spring Creek Produce LLC, Greenfield, Tenn., for not paying a $2,080 award in favor of a Minnesota seller. Bobby Callins, Steven Willis Jr., Phil Gordon and Chris Gordon were listed as members of the business.