Cosmic Crisp apples have a group of supporters, including an astronaut, a chef, a teacher and produce industry spokeswoman who helps consumers boost consumption.
The Washington-grown Cosmic Crisp launched Imagine the Possibilities, a promotion that partners the branded variety with six ambassadors with diverse backgrounds.
The ambassadors were chosen for their “authenticity and passion,” according to a news release, and they are connecting consumers to Cosmic Crisp through their social media platforms to build engagement and brand awareness, according to a news release.
The Cosmic Crisp ambassadors are:
- Leroy Chiao: A former NASA astronaut and International Space Station commander, is an education advocate through his OneOrbit organization.
- Lauren Ko: A writer, baker and “pie artist,” Ko’s pies have been featured in “Vogue,” “O Magazine” and Buzzfeed.
- Dan Koommoo: The executive chef and owner of Crafted in Yakima, Wash., Koommoo focuses on fresh, local ingredients.
- Nicole Marte: A sixth-grade earth and space science teacher in Georgia, Marte documents her teaching experiences on her website.
- Chantea McIntyre: A mother and blogger, McIntyre covers everything from motherhood to fashion, lifestyle and travel.
- Lori Taylor: An advocate of fresh produce, Taylor founded The Produce Moms, which helps educate consumers and connects produce companies with consumers through a variety of media.
The ambassador campaign kicks off with a tour and events in late September.
“The goal is to offer our ambassadors an authentic harvest experience and immersive education about this truly groundbreaking apple,” Kathryn Grandy, director of marketing for Proprietary Variety Management, said in the release. “We are laying the groundwork for them to each tell the Cosmic Crisp story in a way that is meaningful to their audience and reinforces our differentiated brand.”