It all started with a mouse ... and 90 years later, Dole Food Co., Westlake Village, Calif., is helping to celebrate Disney’s iconic mouse.
From Oct. 15 through January, Dole will feature 19 Mickey Mouse-inspired recipes and how-to recipe videos themed to different Mickey Mouse eras (classic, old school or modern), according to a news release
“Dole and Disney have a rich history of working together toward happier, healthier families, and encouraging kids of all ages to eat better and be more active,” Bil Goldfield, Dole’s director of communications, said in the release. “Since our relationship has always centered on the intersection of fun and food, we knew we wanted to celebrate Mickey’s 90th in a big way.”
On Pinterest, Dole has unveiled the six classic recipes, which highlight Mickey Mouse in the 1920s and 1930s:
- Dole Mushroom Rockefeller, a non-seafood alternative to Oysters Rockefeller;
- Steamboat Willie Green Apple Waldorf, a version of the classic salad;
- Dole Pineapple Julep Smoothie, a nutritious take on the cocktail;
- Creamy Caesar Sprouts Salad, featuring Dole Brussels sprouts;
- Dole Hearty Veggie Nutloaf; and
- Dole Pineapple Downside-Up Cake.
Dole will release 13 more recipes in the coming weeks.