The U.S. Department of Agriculture has appointed 12 new members to the Fruit and Vegetable Industry Advisory Committee.
They join 12 other members who were re-appointed, according to a news release; their terms end in July 2022, according to a USDA news release.
New members were selected in November.
The new member and their affiliations are:
- Julie Masser Ballay, Sterman Masser Inc.;
- Troy Bland, Bland Farms LLC;
- David Einstandig, Mastronardi Produce-USA Inc.;
- Lisa Ford, Publix Supermarkets;
- George Hammer, Indian River Exchange Packers Inc.;
- Cindy Jewell, Jewell Marketing;
- Paul Lightfoot, BrightFarms Inc.;
- Kay Riley, Snake River Produce Co. LLC;
- David Sherrod, Southeast Council Inc.;
- Karla Stockli, California Fig Advisory Board;
- Paul Teague, Teague Produce and Consulting Services; and
- David Zapf, Naturipe Value-Added Foods LLC.
The re-appointed members are:
- Kelly Carl “KC: Ely, Freshpoint;
- Bret Erickson, J&D Produce Inc.;
- Kiley Harper-Larsen, NK Lago Farms LLC, doing business as The Ag Safety Lady;
- Michael Janis, San Francisco Wholesale Produce Market;
- Brian Kirschenmann, Kirschenmann Farms Inc.;
- Tom Lipetzky, Colorado Department of Agriculture;
- Paul Palmby, Seneca Foods Corp.;
- Reade Sievert, Associated Wholesale Grocers;
- Derrin Wheeler, MBG Marketing;
- Tommy Wilkins, Grow Farms Texas
- Charles Wingard, Walter P. Rawl & Sons; and
- Donn Zea, California Prune Board/Prune Marketing Committee.
The Fruit and Vegetable Industry Advisory Committee advises the secretary of agriculture on issues that affect the industry. It was first chartered in 2001.