Home Chef kits will soon be available in hundreds more stores. ( Kroger )

Kroger will soon be offering Home Chef meal kits in 500 more stores.

Kits serve two and start at $8.50 per serving, according to a news release. The weekly rotation of meals in stores include ones that can be prepared in 15 minutes or less.

“Kroger continues to redefine the customer experience and provide new ways to shop for, prep and cook meals through exciting brick-and-mortar and digital experiences,” Robert Clark, senior vice president of merchandising, said in a news release. “Last October, Kroger introduced Home Chef retail meal kits, and we’re now expanding to add the easy-to-prepare recipes to hundreds of new locations, providing convenient access to the meal solution at more than 700 stores.

“We look forward to the continued growth of Home Chef in 2019 through expansion and new products,” Clark said.

By the end of February, shoppers will be able to purchase the kits at retail in the following markets:

• Arizona (Fry’s and Smith’s)
  • California (Ralphs)
  • Colorado (King Soopers)
  • Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming (Smith’s)
  • Indiana (Kroger)
  • Ohio (Kroger, Columbus)
  • Oregon and Washington (Fred Meyer and QFC)
  • Tennessee (Kroger, Nashville)
  • Texas (Kroger)

The meal kits are already available in these markets:

• Illinois (Mariano’s)
  • Kentucky (Kroger)
  • Michigan (Kroger)
  • Ohio (Kroger, Cincinnati)
  • Wisconsin (Pick ‘n Save and Metro Market)

Customers who want Home Chef kits delivered can order them online at homechef.com, which now includes a Customize It feature.

“Customers can now swap, double or upgrade ingredients on many of their favorite recipes,” Kroger wrote in the release.

Comments
Submitted by James M. LaRive on Fri, 07/26/2019 - 10:38

Could you please stock the Chef Home Meal Kit within 40 miles of Houston, TX 77015. Thank you.

Submitted by James M. LaRive on Fri, 07/26/2019 - 10:40

Could you stock this at Kroger stores in Houston, TX 77015 area. Thank you.

Submitted by Tammy Glass on Sat, 07/27/2019 - 18:10

I bought a Home Chef meal from Kroger in Nashville. I opened it tonight and was very disappointed in the packaging. The salmon bag had a puncture in it and the juice was all over the other ingredients. And the date on the package was different than the date on the salmon and I had to throw it away. I paid $14 for a meal that is sitting in the trash. Super disappointed and expensive!

Submitted by Jeff on Tue, 08/20/2019 - 21:10

I've purchased many of these meals and have had nothing but good experiences. I would have returned that as I'm sure they would have given you a new one. Just hate to see someone miss out on a good product because of a bad experience.

In reply to by Tammy Glass (not verified)

Submitted by Jeff on Tue, 08/20/2019 - 21:10

In reply to by Tammy Glass (not verified)

Submitted by Jeff on Tue, 08/20/2019 - 21:11

In reply to by Tammy Glass (not verified)