U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue will headline the fifth-annual Forbes AgTech Summit.
The June 26-27 event in Salinas, Calif., draws global agricultural leaders, investors and entrepreneurs looking to find solutions for some of the world’s most critical food and agricultural challenges, according to a news release.
“New technologies continue to transform the food industry, and these rapid changes have led to the rise of new opportunities in the ag space,” Steve Forbes, chairman and editor-in-chief of Forbes magazine, said in the release. “Advancements such as blockchain and automation are disrupting the industry. That’s why the Forbes AgTech Summit will provide participants with insights and analyses they need to take advantage of growing challenges and reimagine the industry they once knew.”
Other speakers include:
- Tom Nassif, president and CEO of Western Growers;
- Wade Barnes, CEO of Farmers Edge;
- Soren Bjorn, president of Driscolls of the Americas;
- John Hartnett, founder and CEO of SVG Partners and THRIVE AgTech; and
- Ertharin Cousin, former ambassador to the United Nations World Food Program and distinguished fellow at the Center of Food Security and the Environment at Stanford University.
The Innovation Showcase presented by Western Growers will feature 35 agtech startups offering solutions to the challenges of achieving higher crop yields and less food waste.