Each year, The Shelby Report showcases valuable retail market share data. In the interactive map below, find each major market around the West Coast. Major cities in each market are highlighted.
Market shares are for chains, independents and/or the wholesalers (voluntary or cooperative) which supply them within each region’s distribution area, extending well beyond typical metros or Core-Based Statistical Areas. Each market is defined by the sphere of distribution, not by a rigid geographic boundary.
All markets are identified by their primary state (with metros or key cities). Percentages are estimates based on annualized sales, industry data, institutional research and store footprints.
Major cities in each market:
- Arizona - Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff, Yuma
- East Washington/Idaho/Montana - Spokane, Coeur d'Alene, Missoula
- Montana/Wyoming - Billings, Bozeman, Great Falls, Cody
- Northern California/Nevada - San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, Fresno, Reno
- Oregon/Washington/California - Portland, Salem, Eugene, Medford, Vancouver, Crescent City
- Utah/Idaho/Wyoming/Nevada/Oregon - Salt Lake City, St. George, Boise, Twin Falls
- Southern California/Nevada - Los Angeles, San Diego, Santa Barbara, San Bernardino, Bakersfield, Las Vegas
- Washington - Seattle, Tocoma, Olympia, Bellingham, Yakima